PREVIOUS AND/OR CURRENT NEIGHBORHOOD INVOLVEMENT
1) As current Chair of LUPC, Robin has worked to restore the Public Trust, to educate & empower Venice Stakeholders, has added LUPC meeting recordings to the VNC LUPC web page, and has unexpectedly acted as a “watchdog” in uncovering numerous irregularities and working to put matters back on the right track in order to mitigate harm to our neighborhoods and impacted Stakeholders.
2) Neighborhood Committee, for over six years, working on the projects detailed below.
3) Worked with L.A. County staff to significantly mitigate the planned reduction in parking spaces during the 2013 Washington Beach parking lot maintenance project, in order to protect Coastal Access as per the Coastal Commission’s California Coastal Act.
4) VNC Task Force for Fences & Hedges.
5) VNC Task Force for Abbot Kinney parking, First Friday & food trucks.
6) Coordinated group of residents in presenting a challenge to the Coastal Commission of an EIR done by a local water company under CEQA, as part of their Coastal Development Permit.
7) Worked with neighbors in providing Community input to a local bar’s “cabaret permit,” including testifying at a Police Commission Hearing.
8) Attendee at and contributor to Council District 11’s Ocean Front Walk Task Force.
9) Worked together with LAPD Community Lead Officer and the Council Office on numerous Community efforts, related to crime in the area, CUB’s, and related to infrastructure issues, such as inadequate storm drainage.
10) Education & Awareness effort for short-term rentals.
11) Led effort resulting in large increase in beach parking spaces during lot maintenance project.
See https://empowerla.org/robin-rudisill-is-a-local-hero/ for details.
12) Disaster Preparedness ad hoc Committee (more recently, Public Safety Committee), including issuance of many awareness/education brochures and other informational documents, organizing a Town Hall and putting on a Venice Be Ready Expo on emergency preparedness. Instrumental in getting evacuation signs for the coastal area.